Tuesday, September 14, 2010

colormatch (a useful tool you should know about)

Hello team (and visitors)!  Today I have a fun little tool to show you that can help you when you want to make a color themed treasury.  26 Olive Street designed a tool that detects colors in a photo you upload and matches it to the colors in other items on Etsy.  You can save and upload a photo of an item that inspires you and build a treasury from there.  It would be great to use for your team challenges, but remember to include 8 team mates!  This tool is called colormatch.

 Your first screen looks like this.  You can upload a photo and choose keywords.  If you're searching for dragonflies, type in dragonflies.  If you're searching for hats, type in hats.  I just left it blank.


 I uploaded this from my shop:


colormatch then displayed a bank of colors it detected in my photo:


all of these are clickable, and when you click on one it brings up a selection of items that also have that color detected in the photo:


I clicked on one that caught my eye and it brought up this page:


Then you can click and access the Etsy page for the item:


This is a great way to build treasuries and works better than the Etsy color tool, in my opinion.  I hope you enjoyed this little tool!  (colormatch is not directly affiliated with Etsy, and all of the photos are screenshots from using the tool, unless otherwise credited.)

P.S. Etsy has released the October Merchandising Report in the Storque.  Feel free to check it out now... I will be posting the keywords I pull from the article closer to October.

6 comments:

  1. What a cool toy! I mean tool. :)
    I'll have to try this. Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic tool and I would absolutely try it for my next treasury!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really cool.. and im sure i'll be wasting a lot of time on it. thanks! lol.

    my one thought is that it might take half the fun out of the "hunt" though. guess i'll just have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this out! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I think that will be very useful!

    ReplyDelete