Monday, September 6, 2010

Treasury Theme Keywords: September

Every month, Etsy posts a "From Etsy's Merchandising Desk" article in the Storque.  Etsy sellers who are on top of their game read these posts and pull keywords to benefit their own shop.  These keywords can be incorporated in the designs in your shop, your tagging, and your marketing.  As treasury makers, these keywords are important to pay attention to because these are the themes Etsy will be putting on the FP.   I'm going to pull keywords from these articles every month and list them here on the blog.  If I miss any, feel free to add them in the comments of these posts.  Jen (Polestar) addressed doing this in her brilliant forum post, "How to get into Thousands of Treasuries". 

 

So.... here is September's list of keywords:

cookouts
family
sports
beer
festivals
back to school
college
new job
first apartment
wardrobe/decor updates
office/organizational supplies.
autumnal tones
industrial farm accents
orchard/vineyard
classic fall fruits/vegetables
woodland
natural colors
rich fabrics
the hearth
Halloween
costumes
creepy
unconventional weddings
Sapphire
Virgo
Libra
leather
equestrian
animal
plaid
brocade
geometric
military
over-the-top
grandeur
football
tennis
Oktoberfest
Celebrity
pop culture
plays on words
vampire
folk
photobooth
Halloween classic colors:  orange, black, yellow, white, red, green, purple
forest animals
foxes
bears
owls
feathers
acorns
wood-grain
branches
logs
leaves
Colorblock
stripes
shapes
warrior
customization
monograms
quotes
fingerprints
numbers
gadgets
clever
natural history
taxidermy
raw minerals/stones
claws
scientific charts
diagrams
bones
antlers
species
turquoise
richer earth tones
mustards
cranberry
deep berries/wine
muted greens
gray/camel solids
 
What to do now?  Make treasuries expressing these themes, ideas, and concepts and TAG your treasuries with these keywords.  Etsy will be searching for these things to choose their FP's.  More helpful tips are included in the post.  I hope you found this list helpful!

10 comments:

  1. Ohmagosh! I had NO idea such a thing existed! I've got to get back to reading the Storque. Thanks so much for posting this here Ash, this is super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list and awesome resources! I just updated some of my tags. Thank you so much, Ahsli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ashli! I will incorporate these as soon as I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is new to me and it is super helpful! Thank you so much for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very very helpful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as you posted this, Ash, I started REALLY paying attention to the tags I put on my treasuries, carefully going down your list AND the list that comes up on the right side of the first T page, and voila! About the third treasury I did this with hit the FP. Thanks SO much! I'm pretty sure this really had something to do with that ;)

    ReplyDelete