Saturday, May 14, 2011
Saturday Theme Treasury Challenge - Who Da Man?
Over Spring Break I took a trip to Florida to visit my parents. I went fishing with my dad and I skunked him. Oh yeah, that's right, I caught 2 fish & he caught zero, zippo, nada. And I reminded him of it OFTEN throughout my visit with him. Yet still, when we to the local honky tonk to sing Karaoke, he let the entire place know I was his daughter as he dedicated and then sang, 'You Are My Sunshine' to me. That's what dads do - they take your grief and love ya anyway!
This week's treasury challenge is all about da man we all call 'dad'. As you curate around this theme, here is what Etsy has suggested, which was taken right from Etsy's May Merchandising Desk - May Planning.
"Father's Day: With Father's Day approaching in June, think about types of gifts that would make a great gift for the many types of dads out there: business and office accessories, gadgets and tech gear, the cases to carry them in, outdoor equipment, sports gear, men's fashion, keepsakes, and luxury gifts. Keep in mind the home chef, the auto enthusiast, the handyman, the trendsetter, the classic, and those dads who seem to have it all."
There is always a photo used to express the theme but this item does not have to be included in your treasury.The Rules:
1. Include at least 8 Curation Nation team members.
2. Tag the treasury "curationnation"
3. Tag the treasury "etsyteamtreasury" - if you tweet, tweet your treasury using the hashtag #EtsyTeamTreasury.
4. Tag the treasury "father's day".
5 Tag the treasury "June"
6. Post a comment here on the blog with a link to your treasury - your treasury will not be judged unless you have posted it below in the comments. Your shop could be chosen as the winner to be featured on our Wednesday Item Treasury Challenge.
7. Put a link to this blog post in the comments of the treasury - this helps others find the challenge and enter.
8. Please follow our blog.
9. DUE DATE: Wednesday, May 18.
10. Saturday Treasury Challenges are the only challenges that get judged.
Everyone is invited to play - these challenges are open to all! These challenges are also voluntary - never mandatory for team members. Remember to try to include team mates you haven't used before. These challenges are meant to build your treasury making skills, promote the team and make Etsy connections. If you deal in vintage it's a great time to promote your vintage goods by making the old new again!
Posted by Yvonne at 8:54 AM