Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Talkin' Tuesday - Meet Anna from CreatureCollars!


Here are 9 Fierce Facts about Anna and one line is completely fictional.  Get involved by guessing which one of the 10 items listed below is the impostor. Put your comments below to test your sleuthing skills!  The fictional statement about Anna will be posted next Tuesday when I feature the next CN Teammie. See below for the false fact about last week's featured teammie, Stacey.

1.  I’m originally from Missouri; however I’ve lived in Florida for over 20 years, except for a period of time when I lived in Madrid, Spain.

2.  I have a master’s in public administration and previously worked as an HR administrator for the state attorney's office. I’ve also worked as a state social worker and I was a bartender for five years. I’ve almost completed a veterinary nursing degree as well. Last year I got to intern at a veterinary hospital where I was able to observe (and participate a little) in surgeries. It was amazing! I’ve been happily self-employed since 2007.

3.  I grew up an only child; however I always thought it’d be fun to have lots of brothers and sisters!

4.  For a brief time when I was very young we had an outhouse instead of indoor plumbing on our farm in Missouri. My parents also ran a food co-op, grew all of our food and kept bees.

5.  My family moved to Madrid, Spain when I was in high school. I went to an International school in Madrid and I was able to travel around Europe during the years my family was there. I even backpacked alone once from Germany to Spain, stopping in France and Belgium on the way. Kinda crazy now that I look back, but I was 19 at the time and, of course, invincible!

6.  I love to horseback ride and work with horses! I’ve been western riding for years. I’ve also worked as a volunteer with a therapeutic horse riding program and a wild horse rescue center. Sadly though, I’ve never owned my own horse.

7.  I think Creature Collars was founded when I was about 7 years old. I loved to make leashes, collars, harnesses and reins for all my toy horses and stuffed animals. I even made a harness and leash for my pet hamster so I could walk him around the house!

8.  I have a huge sweet tooth! I don’t go a day without eating a little sweet treat of some kind. Although I’m trying to break that habit!

9.  I’ve always had animals in my house. I think a house feels a little empty without a pet. I have 6 cats and 2 dogs, all shelter rescues or adopted strays. My newest family member, little “Hobo” is singing me a song in the photo above. He’s also the model for some of my shop photos. My other dog, “Beany”, is almost 18 years old!

10. I’m part of a group of seven girls who have been close friends for almost 25 years. We all met in middle school and still get together often. It’s an amazing experience to go through all of life’s ups and downs with these gals!

*******Last week's false fact about Stacey from CreaShines was this one: #6: She said she doesn't need to have Jean Claude Van Damme's babies.  HOWEVER, she would LOVE to meet him but just to maybe make out for a bit and have him whisper sweet French nothings into her ear. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I'm cracking up at the image of you walking your hamster around the house on a leash! It's SUPER cool to know we have a vet nurse on the team. With so many CNers being animal lovers, we may be pestering you a bit about our 4-legged furry freinds. That is IF that's a true fact. Hmmmmm.....

    Fantastic getting to know you Anna! Pssst...to my Twitter cohorts, we are going to have to convince Anna to come over to the dark side on Twitter with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh, you're tricky Anna! All of these seem believable! I know you have a girls' weekend, I know you live in Florida, all of the animal ones make sense because of what you make (and because I've read your profile :-D).. So what could it be?! I'm going to say number 4. Or number 3? No, I'm guessing number 4. Too bad you're not on Twitter so I could pester you for hints ;-)

    It's great to get to know you, Anna! And I love the image of you walking your pet hamster too :-D

    Stacey - I could have sworn you dream about meeting Jean Claude and at least *making* babies with him ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...this one is particularly tricky!

    This is like listening to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on NPR and guessing which is the true story...

    #4 is plausible but it could be #8?

    I'll choose...um...eiggght.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you Anna! You've done so many fun and interesting things.

    I think I'm going to guess 8 is false too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stumped!!! But soooo nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna, we're practically cousins!

    I grew up in Oklahoma which is right next to Missouri and now ALSO live in Florida :)

    And I think hamster walking could be the next big fad!

    I'm guessing #3 is false just because I've never known of a family having a farm and only one kid.

    It's so nice to meet ya and to have your fun handmade critter collars on our team :D

    Andrea- Jean Claude or "JCVD" as I call him, is still my dreamboat ;) Alex doesn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a toss up between three and eight, I think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha Stacey! You're too funny! I think I'll look into the demand for hamster harnesses. Maybe it could be my new line of products!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Stace...you tricky little thing you AND naughty ; )

    Anna it's SO nice to meet you...you are just the cutest little thing and an animal lover. I would love to be #8 in your girl group ; )

    I'm with Kim, I'm stumped and I choose to think that all the above are true...the perfect little life you have my dear!!

    ♥toni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, another teammie not on twitter!!!
    It's a pleasure to meet you and see one of your babies, Anna! You're a tough one to guess, I'll go for not having an outhouse.

    ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your parents must rock! It sounds like you had a really awesome childhood and teenage years. Totally envying your time in Madrid, I bet Spain was super inspiring for horseback riding too.

    I think you probably have owned your own horse though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anna! I love being able to comment (Yes I have my computer again)! I think that #3 is false. For some reason, I think that you have at least one sibling. I love all of the facts.

    ReplyDelete